Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Paris Part Deux

Day two in Paris, that is still weird to say that I was in paris!!! Anyway the weather was much much better the second day than the day before. First we started out with a trip to Montmarte to see the Sacred Heart or Sacre-Coeur. 


Pretty right!?




The area overlooks all of Paris which resulted in this gorgeous view! 


It still amazes me that I am not tired of looking at churches but everyone is different than the last that I just can't help but be fascinated by all of them. 



Plus the architecture is amazing and I am a sucker for stain glass windows. 




After wondering through the church we found an artist on the street to draw my portrait. I had heard that Montmarte is flooded with artists but I had no idea that they are literally everyone coming up to you and asking to draw your portrait. Luckily my artist was pretty good and had been drawing for 25 years and after 10 minutes of standing still this is what I ended up with. 


Not bad right? I like it and it is something that I will have for a long time to remember my time in Paris. I really did get lucky with a good artist because the women in the pub next to me showed us hears and it was awful...anyway after being on top of the city we made our way back down and went to Notre Dame! 


Hello there. 




















Being inside Notre Dame was a weird experience but in a good way. It was so massive that I almost felt like I was in a dream because the church just kept going and going and going. It was breathtaking and I was blown away by how much time and work it took for the church to be finished. They really do not make churches or even buildings like this anymore.  





Hello gargoyles. 


Awkwardly got this couple taking their bridal pictures...oops. 


After Notre Dame we stumbled across the Lock/Love Bridge. The bridge itself obviously crosses the Sine but apparently there are bridges everywhere like this in Paris. The idea is you lock a lock onto the bridge with your partners/lover/family member/dog/cat/whoever onto the bridge and throw the key in the river to symbolize your unbreakable love. The government actually tried to stop people from doing this but it did not work and the lock bridges are still there and very crowded! 


It is so sweet and romantic that the bridge is overflowing with locks. 



For those of you who do not know my parents just had their 25th anniversary which is amazing. Let's be honest I would not even be abroad let alone in Paris with them if it was not for the fact that they decided to get married and then have been married for 25 years. It is truly a great example and I hope to be that lucky in love, life and marriage as they are. Naturally they wanted to lock a lock onto the bridge. 



LJB and SJB


There go their keys. 



I also locked a lock onto the bridge for my boyfriend and I. 


 

WH and CCB.


Bye keys! 


Here are both of our locks! 



Next we ventured back to the Champs Elysees to hit up the stores we had missed the day before. 


We found Laduree! Yes it was yummy, yes we got a dozen and no we are not ashamed. When these macaroons are made fresh every day why wouldn't you go in and get some?! I had the best time in Paris with my parents! I am so happy that I got to spend time with my mom in London last week and time with both my mom and dad in Paris this weekend! It truly was a blessing that they both had to come to Europe for work while I am abroad. I love them and miss them both! Cheers! 





No comments:

Post a Comment