Friday, September 6, 2013

Thursday Afternoon

So whoever said that London has bad food lied. So far every meal I have had out, which is quite a few has been very good. Even traditional pub food is tasty. The other day I finished class early and one of my flat mates, Sara, and I decided to venture off to Oxford Street for some dinner. We had previously been following food bloggers here in London and one of the places she suggested to eat was Patty and Bun.


Probably one of the best burgers I have ever had. It had onions, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato and some kind of sauce. It was mouthwatering plus we got rosemary chips (fries) which were equally yummy. Its safe to say that I am walking around enough every day to eat whatever I want. At least that's what I keep telling myself. 

Later in the evening we decided it was time we took a ride on the London Eye. I had never been before obviously since I had never been to London before and Sara had but only during the day. So we thought it would be a great to take a ride at night. 


We got there right as the sun was setting so by the time we made it onto the Eye the sun had disappeared and we were left with a 360 view of the city. 




Hi Big Ben!


Hello there Houses of Parliament!



Pretty right? Sara had been during the day and she said going at night was a much better experience and it was gorgeous to see the city all lit up! Now I am deathly afraid of heights. So why did I go on the Eye you ask? Well it was something I felt that I had to do while I was in London and I am very glad I did. I only freaked out when we were close to the top, while we were on the top and then I started to calm down on the way down. But you would all be very proud of me I did get off the benches in the middle of our pod and went to the edge to take some pictures.


See I got off the bench! Granted I inched my way there taking very small steps and the other people in our pod were laughing at me but I made it to the railing safely! By the way when I sent this picture to my dad he said, "Nice but you look scared." Thanks dad. 


Sara and I.


The River Thames. 


I just love this city even more and I can officially say I have been on the London Eye and doubt I will ever do it again. Cheers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment