Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum

After meeting the Pope, Amanda went back to sightseeing in Rome. We stopped and had lunch and then made our way down to the Forum and Rome. I have studied Latin since high school so I was really excited to go to the Forum ruins as well as see the Colosseum but first we made a stop to the Pantheon. 





In case you do not know, it is this beautiful old church that used to be a Temple of Roman Gods back in the day. 




This is the first King of Rome's tomb. 





Another King of Rome. 



Raphael's tomb. Yes it really is him in there pretty cool since we just saw a bunch of his work in the Vatican the day before. 


Raphael himself. 


After the Pantheon we made our way down to the Colosseum and Forum. 




























I loved the Forum and the Colosseum was so cool! I could have spent all day exploring both of them. I was a very strange feeling to be stepping back in time but still being present in the modern world. Stay tuned for tomorrows post...cheers! 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11202037/?claim=9tra7z79fea">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment