Wednesday, March 5, 2014

40 Days, No Buys



I always think it is a good idea to participate in Lent. Whether you are religious or not it is always nice to give something up for a while and concentrate on other aspects of life. Last year I gave up shopping in general. Although it was hard, nothing terrible happened to me and I survived! 

So this year I have decided to be a little bit more specific with my shopping problem and not buy any beauty, bath, or body products for the 40 days of Lent. I decided this because, I have started to notice that every pay check I will buy at least one new beauty product whether it be drug store or high end, a lip product or a face product it does not matter I will buy something.

 In an attempt to stop this I have decided to give up beauty for 40 days and focus on the amazing products I do have and use those. When you are product addict like myself,

it is easy to buy something, use a couple of times, and then stick it in the back of a drawer somewhere and completely forget about it. So wish me luck, I know it is going to be hard but nothing bad every happened to anyone from not buying something…that I know of. 

Are you giving anything up for Lent? Cheers! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a lovely idea, I too like you buy almost weekly or monthly some sort of beauty product. I had a clear out today in hope of using products I already have, I hope I can be brave and stick to my no buying for a while - at least I don't feel alone now though :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you rolling in the cash money. A whole 2.02

    ReplyDelete