Friday, September 19, 2014

Extra Skincare

The last part of my skincare routine are 'extras.' Just bits that I add to my skincare routine to give my skin a little extra help if it needs it. For instance if its that time of the month, if I'm stressed...you get the picture!








First thing I use is my Clarisonic. I have been using my Clarisonic for about 2 years now. I used to use it every day but now I have cut back to just a couple times a week. I typically use it right before I put on a mask because while it exfoliates my skin it also opens up my pores so it will help my mask sink into my skin and work better. If you don't know how a Clarisonic it basically is like a tooth brush for your face. I love it.

Speaking of masks, one of my favorite masks is the Origins Clear Improvement mask. It is a charcoal mask and really helps clear my pores. This is something I use to prevent acne from happening not necessarily to treat it. I use this mask about twice a week but side note it also dries out the skin so I would use a oil, night cream, or overnight mask to put moisture back into your skin.

For a good oil to help put moisture back into your skin is the Tarte Pure Maracja oil. I received this a sample from Sephora and fell in love with it! It is light weight, sinks into the skin quickly but still packs a punch as far as moisture!

Last but not least is my favorite spot treatment. The La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo is the best around! Seriously! You know those pimples you get that hurt to even touch, this stuff makes them disappear! I will take a pea size amount and rub it on the acne area and by the next morning I will notice a noticeable decrease in size. You can also wear this cream in the daytime just make sure to wear a sunscreen!

What are your extra skincare favorites?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment