Friday, January 23, 2015

2014 Favorite Products








Welcome to 2015! This year is going to be a lot of changes for me, firstly I am graduating from college and going into the real world. Plus even more exciting I have some fun trips planned for this year which I cannot wait to go on! However 2014 was not lacking in the fun department or in the product department. So lets get on with it shall we!

 Firstly are my base products which come as no surprise the NARS Tinted Moisturizer made the cut! I have probably used this the most during the whole year. I discovered it last spring/summer and have used it almost regularly ever since. It gives a great amount of coverage, looks natural, and has SPF in it. Since I loved this NARS base I tried the Sheer Glow Foundation and of course fell in love with this to. I am going to do a full review later but this stuff does not disappoint, NARS know's their base.

For brushes I have loved the Real Techniques brushes. All of them are fabulous but I really love the buffing brush. Of course the Beauty Blender gets a mention and even though it is a recent discovery it has changed my makeup game. Full review on this coming later this month!

Concealer hands down goes to MAC Pro Long Wear concealer. This little bottle does it all and lasts forever! One pump can conceal my whole face: under eye, blemishes, dark marks. You name it, this baby will cover it, blend out seamlessly and not crease throughout the day. Another NARS product, this was the year of NARS for me, is the Smudge Proof Eyeshadow base. This blew me away and seriously even worn on its own is incredibly at keeping my very oily eyelids matte! For all around eyeshadow color, MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork wins because it is a very natural shade on me. This with some Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume mascara and I am out the door! As for eyebrows I discovered the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade gave me natural and defined eyebrows, here is a full review if you want to know more!

Probably my favorite category is eyeshadow. I can never get enough of eyeshadow and this year did not disappoint. With my new favorite Dolce Vita palette from Charlotte Tilbury which is absolutely stunning! The shades are gorgeous, very pigmented and last all night! For something a little more natural I returned to my old faithful Too Faced Natural Eye palette. This can easily be amped up by using the darker shades for a smokey eye and I have a full review here about this amazing palette. Lastly is the MAC single eyeshadow in Amber Lights? This color is beautiful on brown eyes and I wore it almost all summer and into the fall with loads of mascara!

For the face I was pretty basic this year sticking to my favorite Bobbi Brown Sheer Powder which I finally hit pan in. This stuff has lasted me a very long time and I still have plenty of product left! It is sheer but still helps to set any makeup and keep the oil at bay. For blush I have been back and forth between NARS Mata Hari which will always be a holy grail perfect pink for me and MAC. Both are natural and last all day on my skin.

Finally are lips. I really got into lip products this year more than ever. All the product launches this year were very lip centered I noticed so I had to join in. Firstly I have to keep them moisturized and the Nivea Kiss of Milk and Honey lip balm is a long time favorite. I have one of these in every handbag I own. I cannot go with out, its that good. For lipgloss the Maybelline Color Elixr in Caramel sits beautifully on the lips. It is a natural color for me and not to sticky a formulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment